Job: "He Raced The Devil" : Table Read Requiring Actors
About the job:
Hi there, I’m in the very early development of a low-budget British comedy feature. I’m planning a recorded table read, which will turn the script into a podcast version that I’ll use to raise industry interest in the project. I’m looking to cast several actors to take part, it’ll be at a studio in Stoke Newington (NE London). To be clear, this is a casting call for a recorded table read, not for the film (hopefully that will come in due course!).
HE RACED THE DEVIL: An inept amateur detective discovers he may have inherited a curse when he’s saved from a forest fire by a mysterious hermit.
At this stage, I don’t have a budget, other than from my pocket so I’m afraid I can’t pay much - perhaps a small fee. The result should be a pretty well-put-together piece, the studio is being super helpful by providing an engineer to ensure it’s great quality (they plan on using it as a case study). I appreciate this is not ideal and not for everyone, I know actors deserve to be paid. So this is opt-in, if you like the sound of my project and would like to have something to add to your portfolio please get in touch. It should be really fun and who knows where it may lead.
You can learn about the project here, slightly embarrassed by my casting suggestions, but aim high right?! (Saying that, I did get some lovely feedback from Johnny Depp’s team!)
About the participants:
Here are the roles I’m looking to cast (the lead role of Howard has been cast already). Please let me know if you’re interested and perhaps you could share a reel or examples of your work. You can send to:
The Hermit 40/the 50s (measured, deep and husky)
- Every deep line around his focused, fierce eyes tells a story; his skin is darkened by extremes of weather. A mysterious, fearsome, and darkly Quixotic former adventurer, trapped for centuries in the forest after losing a race with the devil. He gives voice to the atmospheric poetry of William Blake and Percy Shelley, his escape from the emotional torture of confinement and isolation. His dog Sancho is his loyal companion.
The Librarian 50/the 60s
- A kindly, playful man who’s ever obliging to Howard’s demands, chuckling along to each mischievous quip with a warm smile. But this polite and pleasant man has a sinister agenda… as the devil should.
Aurora 20/the 30s (talks quickly, intensely, barely taking a breath)
- A goth (35) with red hair, piercings, a strong hellish heavy metal T-shirt collection, and an unhealthy interest in the occult. She will do anything for Howard, his unrelenting servant, and friend… despite being unreservedly told if she ever speaks to him again she will be told more truths than she can ever handle.
The Nun 30/the 40s
- Confined to the Chapel on the edge of the forest… Mary was given an impossible choice between death and eternity trapped within those walls, to be at the least, close to her former love. A strong woman of conviction and integrity, and confidant to the Hermit.
Dates Are TBC
How to Take Part:
If you meet the above criteria, please apply today via your personal profile.
Please attach recent photos and also write your name, age, location, and contact details when you send your application.
The deadline has expired for this jobIf you are interested in similar productions, sign up here:
BY NORDIC TALENTS LTD
- 24/25 The Shard
- The Shard quarter London
- SE1 9SG
- Mail: email@example.com
- Phone: +44 20 4525 7298
- Phone hours: Mon-Fri 11.00-17.00