Job: Charlotte: Actors Required!
About the job:
Our short film is a period drama illustrating the story of a transgender female from around the 1970s/ 80s. Her journey is shown from birth to the present. This is a 10-minute film including but not restricted to the details of the life and times of a fictional transgender character based on the likes of Marsha P. Johnson and Vesta Tilley.
It is very important to us to celebrate the legacies of transgender performances and highlight the long way that we have come and that we still have to go in terms of equal rights and acceptance.
About the participants: ROLES
- Charlotte- We are looking for someone to portray the life of 'Charlotte' a transgender female at different stages in her life. This role is a double role as Charlotte was once a boy named David therefore we require both feminine and masculine energy from our actor. During most of the film the character will be played as David, but feminine energy must be present.
We do not require you to be transgender, however, we do require you to have respect and understanding towards the trans community.
- Annie- This role is to be played by a female from the 1970s/80s. She is Charlotte's best friend, even when she is David. This is an important and co-lead role.
- Mum- Charlotte's mum is a very small role, but important in her journey.
- Dad- Charlotte's dad is a very small role, but important in her journey.
We will be filming between the dates of November 22nd and December 9th. (weekdays).
As this is a student film, this is an UNPAID job, therefore living close to Bristol or being willing to commute is a must.
How to Take Part:
If you meet the above criteria, please apply today via your personal profile.
Please attach recent photos and also write your name, age, location, and contact details when you send your application.
BY NORDIC TALENTS LTD
- 24/25 The Shard
- The Shard quarter London
- SE1 9SG
- Mail: email@example.com
- Phone: +44 20 4525 7298
- Phone hours: Mon-Fri 11.00-17.00